Monday, November 17, 2008

Tahuya Pictures and a Couple of Videos

I took Daniel to do some wheelin' in Tahuya again. Joining us was Jeff with his familiar 2008 JK Rubicon. Jeff's pal Jay, who was joining us for the first time, brought his 1996(?) Jeep Cherokee XJ with a Rubicon Express 4.5" lift and 33" tires.

Here is Daniel and I at the beginning.

Jeff and his passengers

Jay and his XJ

I keep forgetting to fix the transfer case linkage that "broke" after my clutch job. A few more times lying in the dirt on the trail will bolster my motivation for sure. Jay eats a snack and prepares to pull the transfer case lever.

Jeff couldn't resist living up to his nickname of "Korvettenkapitan", or U-boat Captain.

A short video of one of the many "puddles" at Tahuya.

Courtesy of Jay, here is some video of a short descent by Daniel and I in the XJ. As usual, it's steeper than it looks in the video.

Jeff's turn. Notice he is still steaming from the multiple water crossings.

More Tahuya water, although not very deep...my running gear silently thanks me.


This is a new section of the Tahuya 4x4 trail. I wasn't so sure I wanted to venture into this area because I figured we would just get stuck. With plenty of recovery vehicles around and A LOT of prodding by Daniel, I decided to give it a try. My XJ only stopped once on the way through, but I got hung up a few times on the way back and ended up destroying my right rear bumper cap...$5 at the junkyard...big deal!





A quick push for the open differentials





Jeff did this section without the swaybar disconnected. Lockers sure simplify these situations! When I lift tires, I STOP MOVING!









This hill climb was very steep. I didn't even try it. Jeff gave it a valiant effort but was unable to get his Jeep up the hill. We ended up winching his Jeep up the hill just for fun. I decided to turn around and go back through the "whoop-di-do's" as Daniel called it. That is when I pranged the bumper end cap.









Planning to head back soon!

2 comments:

Reno said...

Nice Pictures!

Advanced Driver Improvement

dGarry39 said...

Heard how good and fun the Tahuya trail is.